top of page
Children's Alliance: Service
Child Abuse Prevention Council
Focused on ensuring that all children and youth in Solano County are healthy, safe, resilient, and thriving
The mission of the Child Abuse Prevention Council is to collaborate, advocate, and educate to improve systems to prevent child abuse and achieve equitable outcomes for Solano County children and youth
The Solano Child Abuse Prevention Council is made up of 20 volunteer members who represent many public and private agencies, community volunteers, a wide range of professional disciplines, a diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and the various geographical areas of the county. Together, the members of the council work together to:
• Provide a forum for interagency cooperation and coordination in the prevention,
detection, treatment, and legal processing of child abuse cases.
• Promote public awareness of the abuse and neglect of children and the resources
available for prevention, intervention, and treatment.
• Promote and facilitate training of professionals in the detection, treatment, and
prevention of child abuse and neglect.
• Recommend improvements in services to families and victims.
• Encourage and facilitate community support for child abuse and neglect programs.
To learn more about becoming a member, review our application here:
bottom of page