Child Abuse Prevention Council
The Solano Children's Alliance is now serving as the Solano County Child Abuse Prevention Council. The Child Abuse Prevention Council informs, trains and advises the community about keeping children safe from harm. Council members are appointed by the Board of Supervisors.
- All children of Solano County will reach adulthood having experienced a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment. The resulting sense of self-worth, coupled with equal access to resources, will empower them to develop their unique potential, so they mature realizing a strong sense of responsibility to self, culture, and society.
- Promote public awareness of the abuse and neglect of children and the resources available for intervention and treatment.
- Encourage and facilitate training of professionals in the detection, treatment and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Recommend improvements in services available to families and victims.
- Encourage and facilitate community support for child abuse and neglect programs.